CPC Ministries (short for Cuerdas para Cristo) is dedicated to producing professional violinists and cellists for the music ministry in God's Kingdom. We strive for them to know God intimately through praise, worship, and prayer. We want to facilitate their participation with the rest of the band and give them a larger role in all styles of music using both acoustic and electric violins and cellos with all sorts of effects pedals and bowing techniques. We also want them to know how to minister spiritually with their instruments to believers and unbelievers alike and in this way expand God's Kingdom.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

This past month much of the music ministry has been put on hold until we finish acousticizing which should take a week or 2 more, although we are continuing to prepare new songs to sing. Several weeks ago I was giving a violin class to one of my students at the church as I always do on Friday afternoons when Germán, our neighbor on the floor above us, walked right in the building with a threatening attitude and complained as usual. (There was a steel worker renovating the whole window frame at the front, so at the moment the church building was completely open to the sidewalk.) I'm glad there was a friend of mine there at the time to help me deal with him. We pushed him out of the building. He did not get violent, but would not stop banging on the door. I called 911 five or six times, but the police never showed up. Finally he decided to go back to his apartment, and when my dad arrived we went to file another report on him. I thank God for protecting me and my friends at that time. It just goes to show that the devil isn't only bothered by our church services, but that he can't stand the musical development I provide for my students for them to use in the ministry. In the beginning of September we have another mediation with Germán. Pray that it will end the conflict with him permanently. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment